Tuition fee 2021-2022
Being a student of higher education means paying a study fee per academic year. A distinction is made between the statutory tuition fee and the institutional tuition fee.
|Statutory fee*||€ 1,790|
|Institutional fee*||€ 9,820|
* Attention: The Dutch government has decided to provide a discount on the tuition fees for the academic year 2021-2022.
- EU/EEA, Swiss and Surinamese students receive a 50% discount on their tuition fees, applicable to both full-time and part-time students.
- From € 1,790 to € 895
- All other non-EU/EEA students receive a 1084 euros discount on their tuition fees, applicable to both full-time and part-time students.
- From € 9,820 to € 8,736
- From € 9,820 to € 8,736
Please note, it may differ in individual cases.
Under certain conditions you are eligible for the statutory tuition fee. Please check the rules and rates (information in English available at the end of the page). Some students need to pay the institutional tuition fee. This includes students who already have a master degree and students from non-EEA countries. Please check the rules and rates (information in English available at the end of the page).
February intakePayment and enrolment procedures
If you start with your Master programme in February, you are starting in the middle of the current academic year (the academic year officially runs from 1 September until 31 August).
Please note that you will need to arrange the payment of the tuition fee for your one-year Master programme twice. The procedure is as follows.
Step 1: Payment academic year 2021-2022
- You pay the tuition fee for the period 1 February - 31 August.
Step 2: Payment and enrolment academic year 2021-2022
- Re-enrolment (through Studielink) for the academic year 2021 – 2022 is necessary in order to continue with your Master programme and graduation.
- After arranging your re-enrolment, you must arrange the payment of the tuition fee (through Studielink) for the entire academic year (1 September 2021 - 31 August 2022)*.
Please note that the tuition fee amount for 2010-2022 is not yet known.
Facts about re-enrolment
- You do not have to pay your tuition fee all at once. You can choose to pay the tuition fee in five instalments. For this payment option you will be charged an administration fee per academic year.
- Only after you have arranged the re-enrolment and payment, you will be officially enrolled as a student for the next academic year.
- * After graduation, the finance department will determine whether you are eligible for a refund of any overpaid tuition fees.
Costs of livingWhat does it cost to study in Rotterdam?
To cover your living expenses, such as housing, food, insurance and transportation you should expect to spend approximately € 700 - € 1,000 a month, excluding your tuition fee.
The costs are roughly as follows:
|Costs per month|
|Accommodation||€ 450 - € 650|
|Going out/sports||€ 100|
|Insurance||€ 80 - € 100|
|Public transportation||€ 40 - € 100|
Other study costs
For the purchase of books, readers and other materials you can expect to pay between € 300 and € 750 per year.