The privacy of the school’s website visitors is important to the Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences. For this reason we handle your personal data with care and adhere to the GDPR, General Data Protection Regulation and the General Data Protection Regulation Implementation Act. We advise that you read this Privacy Statement carefully.
Processing personal data
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences processes personal data in order to
carry out the duties of an educational institution. Among other things, we process data in the following situations:
- registering for school events on the website;
- filling in (web) forms on the website;
- receiving information about the school via e-mail (by registering on the website);
- managing and archiving of your data using a so-called content management system.
We process and secure your personal data thoroughly. Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences keeps to the requirements of the privacy legislation when processing data. Among other things, in the following ways:
- we state by means of this privacy statement for which purposes we process your personal data;
- collecting your personal data, we limit ourselves to the specific data necessary for legitimate purposes only;
- we take the necessary safety measures to protect your personal data and require the same from parties who, by order of us, process your personal data;
- we respect your rights as user of our website to see, correct, or remove your personal data.
Personal data and address data is used by us exclusively for the purpose that you have indicated. This data will not be published or made available to third parties.
*) Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences is preparing a regulation for the registration of undesirable conduct, and during this process coordinates with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA).
Data Protection Officer
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences employs a Data Protection Officer, Kees-Jan van Klaveren. The Protection Officer is registered with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can contact the Protection Officer via the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a complaint about processing of your personal data? Let us know. Should the complaint not have been handled to your satisfaction, the privacy regulations allows you the opportunity to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (in Dutch).
On our website you can fill in forms for various purposes, such as a registration for open days. Processing this personal data is necessary for us to be able to execute the agreement that we have with you for the services requested by you (article 6 sub 1 of b of the GDPR), or to ensure that you will receive the requested information. As far a storage period is concerned, we adhere to the Selection List of The Netherlands Association of Universities of Applied Sciences.
Websites of third parties
Our Privacy Statement is not applicable to third party websites, who by means of links have connected to our website. We cannot guarantee that these websites will handle your personal data safely and reliably.
Revision of privacy statement
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences retains the right to revise this privacy statement.