Do the same things you would normally do if you would go to school: take a shower, get dressed (don't wear those sweatpants everyday!), fix your hair/makeup, have breakfast and brush your teeth. By following this routine every day, you make sure your brain knows your day is about to begin.
Do you need some help with this after all? Then join the online meet-up: the Morning Ritual.
This online meet-up will allow you to stay connected, set goals for the day and prevent procrastination.
The Morning Ritual (which we offer in English) will take place every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10.00-10.30h via Microsoft Teams in the Channel RUAS-Morning Ritual (in English).
Feel free to join once or daily!
If you have questions about the Morning Ritual, please send an email to Student Welfare.
Organise your study space
At school you can normally find one of the many places to study. Try to do the same at home and create a great space with the following tips.
- Choose a place where you will be disturbed as little as possible. Do you have a room all to yourself? Great! But even if you don’t, choose a place where you can work as quietly as possible.
- If you’re in a room with others, put on headphones. Put together a playlist of music that allows you to concentrate . It does not need to be classical music. Some people study well while listening to techno! Have you ever noticed people with laptops sitting in Starbucks? The background noises of a coffee bar can increase your ability to concentrate! Try it out with Coffitivity.
- There are online study spaces such as Study Vibes where you can see other students study. This can have a motivating and stimulating effect on your own studies.
- Coordinate with your roommates when you will be studying, which is when you don't want to be disturbed. Do you live alone? Then make a deal with yourself and treat yourself when you have kept to your end of the bargain!
- Put your phone away and do not access whatsapp. Make sure that you only receive notifications on the channels that you need for your studies.
- Make sure that at the end of your study day you can actually 'leave' your study place. For example, clear up all your stuff. That way, you will also be able to end the day properly.