- What is SSH?
SSH is a foundation that specializes in providing short stay student accommodations. Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences pre-orders a set amount of rooms from SSH. These rooms are located in three buildings: Hatta Building, Robert Baeldestraat and Erasmus International House.
- What are short stay rooms?
Short stay rooms are rooms in which students can stay for a maximum of 1 year and a minimum of 5-months, depending on availability.
- Is it possible to rent a studio or a room that has a private bathroom and/or kitchen with SSH?
No. All rooms provided through SSH have a shared bathroom, shower and kitchen, and a private room with a bed, desk and closet. You will have either one or two roommates dependent on the room you choose.
- Do the rooms provided by SSH have internet?
There is internet connection in all of the buildings and it is also included in the price. However, you will need to bring your own Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi router. A Wi-Fi router can be purchased at local electronic stores for around €30.
- How much do I need to reserve a room with SSH?
Towards the end of your registration process- after you have chosen the room you want- you will be asked to make a one-time payment. This payment includes the first and last month’s rent and a registration fee of Euro 120. Payment is only possible by Credit Card and has to be paid within 48 hours of receiving the request. Once your payment has been received by SSH, the room is automatically reserved in your name. The first payment can only be made via Credit Card.
- How do I pay rent?
When you are a tenant and have moved into your room, you will be required to pay a monthly rent payment to SSH (excluding the first and last’s month’s rent). This can be paid in two ways: direct debit and accept giro. If you pay by direct debit, SSH will automatically deduct the rental amount per month on the first day of every month. If you choose to pay by accept giro, you will receive an email between 7 and 15 days before the start of the month with an invoice and instructions on how to make the payment. Accept giro payments can be paid by credit card or debit card.
- When I log into the SSH system I don’t see the same rooms. Is this normal?
Yes, this is normal. Before logging in you will see all of the rooms that are available. Once you log in, you will only see the rooms assigned to your criteria and gender. This will differ depending on whether you are an exchange or full degree student, male or female, and the length of your rental contract.
- How can I pick up my key?
In order to pick up your key, please contact SSH directly. If you arrive after office hours you will be required to make an appointment with the resident assistant of your building.
- Is it possible to register for student housing on the 14th of May without officially being accepted?Yes, it is possible to register without officially being accepted. However, your status will not be approved by the Centre of International Affairs until you’ve officially been accepted to the university.
- What are the dates to keep in mind for my student housing application?
Registration: 14 May 12:00 CET
Booking a room: 28 May 12:00 CET