Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is the international institute of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (RUAS), which in Dutch stands for Hogeschool Rotterdam. RBS offers undergraduate and graduate education in business and economics. With approximately 3,200 students from both Europe and the rest of the world, and over 270 international employees (academic and administrative), Rotterdam Business School has an international intake and a global reach. Intercultural competency is part of our DNA.
RBS offers English taught programs at Bachelors and Masters level. Our Bachelor programme is in International Business. Our Master programmes are Master in Consultancy and Entrepreneurship and Master in International Supply Chain Management. We also offer a pre-master program. Sustainability is an important theme throughout all of our programs.
RBS is linked to the RUAS Research Knowledge Centre Business Innovation, where applied research relevant to the professional practice and contributing to the quality of education is conducted in cooperation with the educational programs and the work field.
Master in Consultancy and Entrepreneurship
The MSc in Consulting and Entrepreneurship (MCE) of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences was first offered in 1998 and has been developed and transformed through the years to facilitate the best way to educate practical, proactive, and hands-on creative problem-solvers. The programme uniquely combines topics of consulting and entrepreneurship. It trains students to approach company-level challenges from consultant perspective and look for opportunities to fulfil societal needs as an entrepreneur. This approach allows the programme to meet a growing demand for graduates who have the ability, confidence, and inspiration to respond to change with creative, innovative, and practical business solutions. Complex problem solving is at the very top of the list of essential skills for career progression in the modern world.
For our Master Consultancy and Entrepreneurship, RBS is recruiting a: Senior Lecturer (0.8-1.0 fte).
Rotterdam Business School encourages their students to develop into rounded and employable graduates who can take their place confidently as global citizens in the 21st century with an appropriate knowledge base, a deep understanding of its potential as well as its limitations, a critical mind and the ability to collaborate and conduct applied research to current challenges.
In this inspiring learning environment you facilitate student learning by undertaking teaching activities and by supervising and coaching students both individually and in group projects.
In your position you collaborate with other lecturers, researchers and external partners to provide a coherent and up to date program.
In order to carry out the duties effectively, the person appointed is required to have the following skills and experience:
- a master degree or PhD in a business innovation related field;
- previous teaching experience in Strategy and Innovation;
- knowledgeable in Research Methods and Design;
- relevant previous work experience with (preferably) an international focus – consultancy experience will be considered a plus;
- a modern educational perspective and good understanding of current educational methods and techniques - especially some of the Design Thinking approaches;
- the ability to integrate research-based and relevant current developments in the professional field into your teaching;
- the ability to contribute to the development of the curriculum and parts of the educational programme;
- the ability to create a stimulating learning environment for the student;
- flexibility; solution-oriented and make-it-happen attitude;
- student-oriented approach;
- intercultural awareness;
- English language skills at least on CAE level or other comparable programme;
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and a great team player;
- a demonstrable commitment to continuous professional development.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a one year contract in scale 11 with the possibility of an extension. The HBO-CAO scale 11 is max €5,127.39 gross per month for full-time employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities, an attractive pension scheme, and allow for a proper work/life balance.
All staff members of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences must be able to submit a Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) issued by the Dutch Minister of Justice and Security.
Everyone is welcome at Rotterdam University. We see diversity as a strength. An inclusive work environment is a prerequisite for us to create a good learning environment for our students. We believe that recognizable diversity in the composition of our teams is important. We therefore take this into account during the selection procedure.
For more information about this position, please contact Mrs Jessica Schiltmans, course director MIB, telephone +31 (6) 1521 9422.
Online applications in English only.
Please do not use this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.