Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is the international institute of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (RUAS), which in Dutch stands for Hogeschool Rotterdam. RBS offers undergraduate and graduate education in business and economics. With approximately 3,700 students from both Europe and the rest of the world, and over 270 international employees (academic and administrative), Rotterdam Business School has an international intake and a global reach. Intercultural competency is part of our DNA.
RBS offers English taught programs at Bachelors and Masters level. Our Bachelor programme is in International Business. Our Master programmes are Master in Consultancy and Entrepreneurship, Master in International Supply Chain Management. We also offer a pre-master program. Sustainability is an important theme throughout all of our programs
RBS is linked to a RUAS Knowledge Centre Business Innovation, where practice-oriented research relevant to the professional practice and contributing to the quality of education is conducted in cooperation with the educational programs and the work field.
Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is looking to appoint a:
Scheduler/Roostermaker (0.8-1.0 fte) for the Administration Office
The scheduler supports the bachelor programme at the Posthumalaan and masters at Kralingse Zoom.
The Administration Office provides the administrative, organisational and logistic support of the study programmes. In this office enthusiastic employees render day-to-day services in support of students and teaching staff, planning of the educational activities, scheduling and information supply of the Institute. The Administration Office consists of a back office with a team of coordinators, an examination office with a logistic coordinator, a schedule department and a front office. The scheduler reports to the head of the Administration Office.
The position on offer is within the schedule department (team of 2 persons), who provide support to the educational bachelor IB programmes.
You support the educational IB programme in the administrative, organizational and logistic processes. You work closely with your co coordinators of education, the examination office and the course directors.
- deliver a (quarterly) schedule (incl. minors and electives);
- deliver exam schedules;
- monitor the input process in form and deadline;
- keep the schedule up-to-date and appropriate;
- advise, set up, monitor and maintain frameworks (rules) for scheduling in cooperation within the RBS-team;
- identify bottlenecks and make improvement proposals aimed at (schedule) process improvements;
- have frequent meetings with the coordinators of education, examination office and course directors regarding scheduling;
- draw up time and staffing forecasts and advise on the effective design of the schedule;
- deliver management information on occupancy rates and advise on improvements to the schedule;
- ensure effective scheduling and use of rooms;
- are a sparring partner for curriculum committee regarding the impact, improvements and implementation of the IB curriculum.
- Your education is at HBO level;
- You work precisely and accurately;
- You have excellent command of English and Dutch, both orally and in writing;
- You have experience with software programme Untis;
- You are an experienced user of Microsoft Office programmes;
- You have a proactive and independent attitude;
- You are a team player and flexible;
- You easily identify bottlenecks and communicate about this with your colleagues and manager;
- You have analytical skills;
- You see it as your personal challenge to get the puzzle perfectly fitted.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a fixed term contract (one year D4). The salary range is HBO-CAO grade 8 (€2,598.89 minimum and €3,479.70 maximum gross per month) for fulltime employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities, an attractive pension scheme, and allow for a proper work/life balance.
A Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) is a condition for employment at Rotterdam University of Applied Science.
For more information about this position, please contact Vera Franken, Head of Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send in your CV and letter of motivation in both English and Dutch.
Please do not use this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.