Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is the international institute of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (RUAS), which in Dutch stands for Hogeschool Rotterdam. RBS offers undergraduate and graduate education in business and economics. With approximately 3,700 students from both Europe and the rest of the world, and over 270 international employees (academic and administrative), Rotterdam Business School has an international intake and a global reach. Intercultural competency is part of our DNA.
RBS offers English taught programs at Bachelors and Masters level. Our Bachelor programme is in International Business. Our Master programmes are Master in Consultancy and Entrepreneurship, Master in International Supply Chain Management. We also offer a pre-master program. Sustainability is an important theme throughout all of our programs
RBS is linked to a RUAS Knowledge Centre Business Innovation, where practice-oriented research relevant to the professional practice and contributing to the quality of education is conducted in cooperation with the educational programs and the work field.
Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is looking to appoint an Education Officer- Examination office (0.8 fte) for the Administration Office.
The Administration Office provides the administrative, organisational and logistic support of the study programmes. In this office enthusiastic employees render day-to-day services in support of students and teaching staff, planning of the educational activities, scheduling and information supply of the Institute. The Administration Office consists of a back office with a team of coordinators, an examination office with a logistic coordinator and a front office. The coordinator of education reports to the head of the Administration Office.
The Administration Office consists of a back office with a team of coordinators, an examination office with a logistic coordinator and a front office. The support officer reports to the head of the Administration Office.
The position on offer is in the RBS examination office, which is in charge of the correct processing of the organisation of the digital and written examinations:
- to monitor the deadlines and to collect the exams in time;
- to process the exams according to the planning and quality demands;
- to register students in Osiris and Remindo;
- to enter the questions and answer key in the digital test system;
- to monitor and organise the entire (digital) testing process;
- to assist and train lecturers in the entire testing process;
- to arrange invigilators;
- to prepare attendance sheets;
- to process the archiving of examinations.
You work together with your colleagues in a challenging environment. You are flexible and, next to your own duties, you assist your colleagues in the examination process.
- Your education is at MBO+ level
- You are a team player and you are flexible
- You work precisely and accurately
- You can switch easily among different topics and you are used to dealing with difficult issues
- You have a proactive and independent attitude and notice scope for improvements
- You communicate easily
- You work service oriented towards lecturers and students
- You have a good command of English and Dutch, both orally and in writing
- Preferably you have experience with the software programmes Osiris and Remindo.
- You are an experienced user of Microsoft Office programmes, specifically in Excel.
If you wish to respond to this vacancy, please send your motivation letter in English and Dutch.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a fixed term contract (one year D4). The salary range is HBO-CAO grade 7 (€2,273.10 minimum and €3,077.54 maximum gross per month) for fulltime employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities, an attractive pension scheme and allow for a proper work/life balance.
All staff members of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences must be able to submit a Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) issued by the Dutch Minister of Justice and Security.
Everyone is welcome at Rotterdam University. We see diversity as a strength. An inclusive work environment is a prerequisite for us to create a good learning environment for our students. We believe that recognizable diversity in the composition of our teams is important. We therefore take this into account during the selection procedure.
For more information about this position, please contact Vera Franken, Head of Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications through our own website only.
Please do not use this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.